Bacon makes EVERYTHING taste BETTER!
Review by: Julie @ emptynester Savings and More
If you believe the statement above,
then I have just found the most AMAZING condiment that you need to try!!
Description from Skillet themselves is as follows:
what is skillet bacon jam?
we make this bacon spread condiment called bacon jam..you say what?.. that’s right, we use niman ranch bacon and render it down along with onions, balsamic and other spices . It cooks for several hours until it is a perfect blend of smoky, tangy, savory and slightly sweet….basically spreadable bacony goodness! USDA approved.
more information is available at www.skilletbaconjam.com or contact [email protected]
Immediately upon receiving this product, I had to try it.
We were having Homemade Salisbury Steak with homemade mushroom gravy and Mashed Potatoes that evening. I added about an 1/8th of a tsp to my mashed potatoes and stirred it up well.
Upon my first bite, I was in LOVE!
My Hubby and I started brain storming immediately as to what we could add this into.
I in turn jumped on the PC and went right to the website and they had RECIPES to help with guidelines for me to start concocting for future uses.
I wanted to know approximately how much to add to a base recipe, as to not overpower the flavor just accent it.
Our Ideas were broadened even more, after seeing the recipes they offered.
To add the wonderful Bacon Flavor along with the slight onion and wonderful balsamic zest to any item you may eat that you would love more flavor.
*My hubby makes his own Salisbury steak with Ground Beef, cut up mushrooms,onions bread crumbs and forms patties. We agree we would use SKILLET BACON JAM next time right in the meat mixture! Regular Burgers would be amazing alone with this Added in!
* Any type of potatoes , baked, fried, mashed all are awesome with this added as a condiment! I even think my Campfire Potatoes this summer will be getting some SKILLET BACON JAM added into the tin foil packets!
* Soups/Stews: Oh yes these would all have a heightened flavor, I can almost taste it in potato soup as I am writing this!
* Sauces: Using it in your pan drippings to make a glaze for chicken, pork!
* Salad dressing: Adding it into you favorite Pasta salad dressing, or just adding it into your basic salad dressing off the shelf for Lettuce salads!
* Dips stir into your sour cream dip for chips or a cheese base spread for crackers.
* Add in for green beans would be amazing also!
I am completely Sold on this product!!
I will be keep it on hand to add a little something special to the items that I want that awesome BACON+ flavor added to!
**This review is completely of my own opinion, I was not paid to review this product or coerced in anyway to give an opinion, other then my own.**
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
~Emptynester Reviews may have been paid for this post via with a free product/monetarily/ or not at all.
~This post may contain affliliate links and may lead you off page.
~If Emptynester Reviews is not listed as a "HOST" for a GIVEAWAY, then we are not responsible for the winning choice, or the prize distribution.
I only share posts on my page that I feel will benefit my readers.
My readers come first, as without them, I wouldn't be here. :)
~~I <3 MY FANS!~~ Julie