Alternative Uses For Pancake Mix
You may have extra pancake mix laying around and donâ€™t know what else you can do with it.Â Here are a few ideas:
- Funnel Cakes: Simply mix up the batter with water and place it in a pastry bag or a plastic zipper bag and cut the tip off so you can squeeze the batter into the oil.
- Shortbread: Just add sugar and cream.
- Dumplings or topping for a pot pie: Add milk to mix.
- Pancake mix basically consists of flour, baking soda, salt and sometimes dried milk so you may exchange pancake mix for any recipe that calls slightly sweet flour.
- It is also the base for quick breads, and pizza crust.
Snickerdoodle Cookies (Made With Pancake Mix)
Here is a nice cookie recipe using your leftover pancake mix.Â See my earlier post on alternative uses for pancake mix.
- 3 cups dry pancake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Cream 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs into bowl.Â Stir in pancake mix with a spoon just until blended. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.Â Shape dough into one inch balls.Â Combine 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon into a bowl. Roll dough balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat them.Â Place coated dough balls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.Â Bake 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.Â Allow to cool, then serve.
TY Realistic Couponer!